At the age of 21 Celeste enlisted to serve in the US military, she believes in building people up and bringing hope to those who need it. Affectionately known by her dearest friends as “Commander”, she is committed to advancing women into leadership from all walks of life. Her heart for serving her country continues into advocacy for veterans, for those rising from trauma, and for small business.
Celeste started her own company in 1991. She is the President and CEO of FYVE STAR, Inc.®; with her partner Sandra Hudson they successfully built a multi-million-dollar defense contractor business and are currently working in biotech. She has worked with the Department of Defense and the DLA, including Homeland Security for over 25 years.
She was vetted and selected by the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon and MAJCOM Warner Robins to serve as a Civic Leader to the USAFR and the civilian community, working directly aside the Joint Chiefs (Honorary Three-Star Status). She has been a local civic leader for Utah in many capacities, including acting as chairwoman for "Go Red for Women" with the AHA, acting as LOGSTAR (Honorary Base Commander) alongside Major Gen Kathleen Close. She was the Honorary Wing Commander for the 419th FW and was given an Honorary Firefighter Badge. Celeste is a sought-after speaker, featured at universities, television, radio, podcasts, and international agencies.
Celeste has also served on several White House committees for small businesses. She has worked with GOED and other state groups. Celeste is currently involved with Groups Around the Nation, whose goal is to help women and girls lead. She currently sits on numerous boards.
Celeste has been honored with multiple awards and accolades for service, business and advocacy, including:
· The Patriot Art Foundation's "Portraits of Veterans in America -WE THE PEOPLE" traveling exhibit for which Celeste was selected to represent her home state of Utah.
· One of Forbes Magazine’s "Most Powerful Women in the U.S."
· Women’s Leadership Live "Outstanding Leader for Vision, Dedication and Commitment to Excellence”.
· A featured woman leader in the current Social Studies and History book "Utah Journey", as a pioneer for industry in Utah.
· The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) named Celeste Gleave the "Woman Business Owner of The Year".
· Her company, FYVE STAR, Inc.® was selected as the National SBA Conference’s success story, showcased at the NASDAQ closing bell.